Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Jardin du Luxembourg

There is something about traveling to another country and integrating into their lifestyle that changes you forever. I especially felt this way after visiting Paris.

While in Paris I learned to slow down and be present. Mornings were spent waking up slow as I stood in line at the bakery on our street picking up fresh pastries and coffee. Afternoons were combined with sight seeing and a picnic as there was fresh food and markets in every neighborhood. Dinners were easily a three hour event involving a nice bottle of wine and dreaming up plans to live this way. Everywhere we went it seemed like people just slowed down; something I wasn’t used to but easily grew to adopt and love over time. 

We had so much on our list of things to see and with our new way of living in slowness we ran out of time. However there was one thing I just had to see: Luxembourg Garden. On our very last day I mustered up all my willpower (obviously I am not a morning person) and woke up extra early to catch the sunrise.  Thankfully it was a short 10 minute walk from our hotel.

I was in complete happiness sitting there in solitude watching the sunrise while chase down my pastry with a cup of coffee.  The light was even more beautiful than I had remember...

The Luxembourg Gardens and Palace -6 The Luxembourg Gardens and Palace -4 The Luxembourg Gardens and Palace -5 The Luxembourg Gardens and Palace -2 The Luxembourg Gardens and Palace -1 The Luxembourg Gardens and Palace -3 The Luxembourg Gardens and Palace -7

“I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.”
― Mary Anne Radmacher

No comments:

Post a Comment