Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pappardelle Bolognese

Pappardelle Bolognese | love youa blog Pappardelle Bolognese | love youa blog Pappardelle Bolognese | love youa blog Pappardelle Bolognese | love youa blog Pappardelle Bolognese | love youa blog

By now you know how much I love going to Tavolata and it's mainly because I love their pappardelle! Oh man, it is so yummy! I try hard not to embarrass my beau by refrain myself from  licking my entire bowl clean. It's just so good!

I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket by solely depending on Tavolata to satisfy my pappardelle cravings so over the past few months I've been working on perfecting my own recipe. Although it doesn't taste as awesome as Tavolata's (but how can anyone's compare really), it sure is a life savor when I'm craving it.

Here's the recipe for my memory sake and if you'd like to try it:

Pappardelle Bolognese
the ingredients: 
  • - 1 box of Community Grains Pappardelle Pasta OR 1 package of Cucina Fresca Pappardelle Pasta (this one is my favorite) 
  • - 1 lb of ground mild Italian pork sausage 
  • - 1 can of diced tomatoes with garlic and basil 
  • - 1 tomato 
  • - 1/2 an onion
  • - 3 fresh bay leaves
  • - A teaspoon of fresh thyme 
  • - A teaspoon of Olive oil 
  • - Salt and Pepper 
the cooking directions:
  • - Boil the pappardelle to your liking. 
  • - Fry the ground pork in the olive oil. When lightly brown add the onion and tomatoes. 
  • - Add the can of dice tomatoes, salt and pepper, bay leaves and thyme and let it simmer until most of the liquid from the tomatoes have evaporated (sorry, that's the best I can explain it). 
  • - Add the pappardelle into the pot and add extra olive oil if you like. I notice if my noodles stick together doing this tends to loosen them up. 
and... 

Voila!!! You should have a delicious pot of Pappardelle Bolognese! 

No comments:

Post a Comment