Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Dose of Happiness at Mercer Street Books

During my lunch breaks I love to wander around Mercer Street Books. This place reminds me of my elementary school library in some ways. As you enter the store there is a wooden desk to your right, this is where you check-out / pay for your books. Straight ahead is an old wooden filing drawer that once held index cards detailing information on how to find a book. Today it holds office supplies (I checked). Some of the books have a plastic cover over them to prevent damage. All that's missing is the dewey decimal system! Remember that? Find your book by looking up the name of the author's last name then by title, follow the dewey decimals.

MercerStreetBooks-1 MercerStreetBooks-2   MercerStreetBooks-5 MercerStreetBooks-4 MercerStreetBooks-6

MercerStreetBooks-9   MercerStreetBooks-11

MercerStreetBooks-10


Under the photography section, I was happy to find so many Ansel Adams books. There was The Negative, The Print, Examples: The Making of 40 Photographs and Ansel Adams: Letters and Photographs. I couldn't decide on which to get and after much page flipping and going back and forth I settled for Examples: The Making of 40 Photographs. I'm always interested in the thought process behind the photographs photographers make especially someone has great as Ansel Adams. I can't wait to get started on this book.

MercerStreetBooks-7MercerStreetBooks-12

No comments:

Post a Comment