Friday, September 28, 2012

My Dress Size

Taken at Sweetie Boutique on March 29, 2012

Lately I've been thinking about the relationship weight I've put on since falling in love with my beau... mostly thoughts around how the heck did two dress sizes come about without me noticing. For starters, (uh oh I’m talking like a five course meal is on its way, bad sign), we celebrate everything – it’s sunny, let’s go to happy hour; it’s Friday, let’s go get drinks; it’s summer, let’s bbq and you get the idea. We also drink a lot of wine and champagne as enthusiasts of life. Lately I’ve been trying to cut back on such celebratory events limiting those to truly exciting moments. Unfortunately, I have not been successful at all. I am celebrating something almost daily. 

This coming December and January we will be celebrating our 2nd year anniversary in Australia and this is something I definitely want to get in shape for; however, I’ve come to the realization that a good time for a ‘diet’ may never come with my overly enthusiastic self. Life is just too wonderful to pass on good wine or skip out on a toast to being happy so instead I’m going to work out just a little harder, dance a little longer and enjoy all of life’s great moments to come...


Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. i love this post youa!!! i know what you mean.. when i met my husband when we were dating.. i gained sooooooooooooooooo so much weight.. we went out to eat ALL the time.. eating was how we connected haha.. and i love celebrating with food!! and yes i agree there's just no good time to "diet" there's always "something" i'm trying to find a balance between "enjoying life" and being "happy with weight" sometimes they don't always go hand in hand but i'm trying hehe :p i'm with ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete