Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Making Photographs

"You don't take a photograph, you make it." - Ansel Adams 
One Saturday, I spent hours in a dark room immersed into making photographs. There is something so magical about film. I love the whole process of seeing my images come to life - developing my own film, cutting my negatives, creating a contact sheet and from that selecting the images I want to print. I know I am taking Ansel Adam's quote so literal but this process is what makes me fall in love with photography. I can spend countless hours in a dark room and lose total track of time. Unfortunately, I don't do this enough so I've pinned a self portrait of myself and my latest contact sheet on my inspiration board (the real pinterest)  above my desk so that I am reminded of how much I love film and also as a reminder to continue my passion. 

1 comment: