Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Birthday

love, youa

Birthdays to me are a personal holiday to celebrate being you. I believe every person should take the day off every day routine to be pamper, do something they love and spend some time reflecting on the past year and what's to come or however they wish to celebrate being wonderfully themselves.

This year my little sister was getting marry on my birthday weekend therefore I was busy helping with wedding stuff and didn't have much time to reflect. However, I did get to spend my birthday with my favorite people - my sisters and my beau. My sisters and I had some spa time, a yummy dinner and a fun karaoke night where I sang 'Dancing Queen' to my heart's desire. My sweet beau surprised me with a birthday fruit cake and champagne. The festivities will continue when we take our trip to NYC in the next week which I'm so excited about.

If I had to use one word to describe this past year it would be simplify. From my workload to my wardrobe, this past year has been difficult to accept that I can't do it all and have it all without burn out. As I peeled back the layers of distractions that were not necessary in my life I saw the beauty in simplicity. I embraced shooting with my Pentax K1000 focusing on honing my vision and letting go of all the technicalities that come with a DSLR and my love for photography grew. This year I want to see where simplicity and focus will take me... to new exciting experiences and adventures I'd hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment