Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy Birthday to My Beau!

love, youa love, youa
Images taken from his birthday weekend celebration.

There are very distinct moments I can remember of when I fell a little more in love with my beau and here's one of them...

We were having drinks with his friends at a bar and someone asked me what I did for a living. I mentioned I photograph fashion events aside from my day job but I just loved photography in general. My beau then adds, 'She's so great at it. She'll have to show you her work sometimes...' and goes on talking about my photography. I blush and feel my insecurity as a photographer creep in. A million thoughts are going through my head of all my short comings of being a photographer (meanwhile my beau continues to proudly talking about my work). Quickly I tried to interject with all those negative thoughts, he knows this but instead of letting me verbalize them he reaches out to hold my hand and continues to talk positively about my work. I have no choice but to listen. As I am listening to him, I am overwhelmed with emotions for how much this man believes in me... and just like that I fall a little more in love with him. In addition to all the other great things he does for me, he is my biggest support. He pushes me outside of my comfort zone, he challenges my artistic view in photography and wherever we may be he patiently waits for me to capture my perfect photo. I am so blessed to have him as my partner in adventure. 

Happy Birthday to my beau who is the most amazingly supportive, patient and loving person I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment