Monday, May 13, 2013

Northwest Hope and Healing Fashion Show

When I received an invitation to attend the Northwest Hope and Healing fashion show benefit I immediately knew this was an event I wanted to support. I think it's safe to say that we all know of someone who has had to deal with cancer... whether it be a family member or a loved one of a friend you know but I was really surprised to learn that our state has the highest rate of breast cancer cases (according to the American Cancer Society)! Yikes! The Northwest Hope and Healing foundation is about providing breast cancer patients in the Seattle area help to get through this tough time. Cancer can be scary and tough to get through and this amazing foundation ensures that cancer patients will get the support they need.

This event was definitely filled with emotions and there was a unique atmosphere of support that I've never felt at any other event. It was sweet to see cancer survivors walk down the runway showing us their numbers of being cancer free while their family in the audience cheered for them!

P.S. The next event is the Alki Beach 5k Walk & Run

No comments:

Post a Comment