Thursday, May 31, 2018

On Days Like These



I dream of days like these. Waking up naturally at no particular time. Leisurely journaling over a cup of hot tea. Going for a run. Spending the day with my beau chasing an adventure. Eating really good food. Conversations over cocktails. It's simple. It's my version of freedom. It's what I strive for.

This past weekend, we spent some time in Vancouver. Four days to be exact. What a difference an extra few days can make. I felt completely relaxed; like I was on a real vacation. Living in the PNW, our top choice of a weekend getaway are either LA or Vancouver. Lately we've been choosing LA because of the desperate need of sunshine and amazing Korean food. I've forgotten all about Vancouver. How beautiful it is in the spring. The amazing asian food. The gorgeous backdrop of the mountains and water surrounding Vancouver. The exchange rate in our favor. The shopping. This trip I grew to love Vancouver. I found it a livable city and very similar to Seattle. The amount of daylight available this time of the year is the best.

We came up with a list of new places to eat and things to do. Trying to experience something new with each visit. This trip we explored Fraser Valley, a small winery region east of Vancouver. Because of the cooler climate, white wines were really their speciality. I brought my Hasselblad and Pentax, only to not use them very much. All I have are some photos I snapped on my iPhone somewhere between living in the moment and my need to photograph. 

VancouverBC-3       

STAY
Shangri La 
Wedgewood Hotel & Spa




       

EAT & DRINK
Chi Modern Vietnamese
Dinesty Dumpling House
Guu Izakaya
Kirin 
Prohibition
Tasty Indian Bistro
Uva Wine & Cocktail Bar
Viji's 



DO
Granville Island Public Market
Richmond Night Market
Shop: Downtown / Gastown
Stanley Park
Fraser Valley / Wine Tasting

No comments:

Post a Comment